Cantoria, June 2012—The Cosentino Group, the world leader in the production and distribution of quartz surfaces and other natural stone, announced the winners of the Sixth edition of the international Cosentino Design Challenge 2012 for Architecture and Design.
This year, the Cosentino Design Challenge received more than 200 works from Architecture and Interior Design students worldwide during this academic year of 2011-2012. The objective of the contest is to support student talent by promoting research on different concepts related to space, material and construction systems. All projects must include an environmentally sustainable approach using Silestone® and or Eco by Cosentino® materials. The winning projects are available to view on the Cosentino Design Challenge website: www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org
Applicants for the Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Contest had to design the lobby of a hotel with big format Silestone® and/or Eco by Cosentino® slabs. The winners were awarded with 1,000 Euro each:
- Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Prize to Creativity for Zou Wei and Ana Sibille from the Leipzig architecture school Hochschule für Technik Wirtschaft und Kultur for her work Changing Movement.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Prize to Space Research for Marta Corchado Rodríguez from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid for her work Cueva de Cristal.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Prize to Material Use for Patricia Gómez from the Escuela Superior Diseño e Interiorismo Arte 4 for her work Urban Sensation Feeling Alive.
Applicants for the Cosentino Design Challenge Design Contest designed a shower plate integrated in a singular bathroom, using Silestone® and/or Eco by Cosentino®. The winner were awarded with 1,000 Euro each:
- Cosentino Design Challenge Design Prize for Creativity for Teresa Morales Mateos-Aparicio from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, for her work Twist ‘n’ Shower.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Design Prize for Space for Carlos Álvarez from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid for his work Ducha Oblicua.
- Cosentino Design Challenge Design Prize for Material Use for Jose Luis Cantabrana García from the Escuela Superior Diseño e Interiorismo Arte 4 for his work Sitis.
The Cosentino Design Challenge 2012 Jury was composed of a representative from each participating school, an invited architect, and the Cosentino Marketing Directors: Ms. Isabel Plaza from the Madrid School E.S.D.I Arte4, Mr. Raul Fraga from Madrid Architecture School ETSAM, Mr. Jorge Roa from Seville Architecture School ETSAS, Mr. Francisco González from Almeria Art School, Mr. Michele Capuani from the Istituto Europeo di Design and Mr. Martinus Lamers from the Design Academy Eindhoven, the Spanish architect Ramón Esteve and Cosentino Group Marketing Director Santiago Alfonso. The jury congregated on May 19th at the Valencia Cosentino Center to choose the winners. During this meeting, jurors also discussed proposals for the 7th edition of Cosentino Design Challenge to be presented in September.
In addition to the winners, the following also received special recognition in the respective categories:
Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Acknowledgements:
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Creativity for Jessica Quevedo from the Leipzig architecture school HTWK Leipzig for her work Ecolobby.
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Space Research for Lucia Moreno Suazo from the ESDI Arte 4 for her work Silextone.
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Material Use for Conrado Onsés Marín de la Bárcena from the ETSAM for his work Estantino.
Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Special Mentions:
- Francisco José Caballero Muñoz, Santiago Andrés Mosquera Guerrero, Satué Falla Ángel and Valdés Martínez Manuel from the Sevilla School of Architecture for their work 3 sesenta dale la vuelta.
Cosentino Design Challenge Design Acknowledgements:
- Design Acknowledgement to Creativity for Gema Parreño Piqueras from the ETSAM for her work Ducharte.
- Design Acknowledgement to Space Research for Antonio Viciana Mera from the Almeria Art School for his work Bloque.
- Design Acknowledgement to Material Use for Ivan Ripamonti from Istituto Europeo di Design Milano, for his work Modular Ring.
Cosentino Design Challenge Design Special Mentions:
- Antoine Celine, ETSAS, Chair your shower
- Anne van Galen, DAE, Monsoon
- Olivia Gatica Martinez, ESDI Arte 4, Square
- Miguel de la Ossa Peinador, ETSAM, Plató de Ducha
Winning Projects, Acknowledgements and Special Mentions:
Jury’s session in Valencia Cosentino Center: