Cosentino Group announces the 10th edition of the International Student Competition, Cosentino Design Challenge.
Cosentino Design Challenge is an international competition with collaboration from 21 international institutions, schools and universities from as many as four continents: Europe, Asia, Oceania and America.
The competition consists of two categories, Architecture and Design and the main objective is to foster the talent of students from any school or center of higher education for design, architecture or interior architecture anywhere in the world.
Participating students must research different conceptual approaches to the configuration of spaces, and to the construction materials and systems defining these spaces, while remaining within the guidelines for each category and using materials from Cosentino’s wide range of products in their final projects.
The Architecture category in this edition of the competition requires the student to reflect on “Cosentino and Sport”. Students are free to choose their own work area or surface.
The object of the Design category is to reflect on “Commercial Elements”, while experimenting with surfaces.
The delivery deadline for the final project designs is June 7, 2016. Each project must be submitted in digital format only via the website: http://www.cosentinodesignchallenge.org/
There are three first place prizes of $1,000 each for both categories, making an overall total of $6,000 in prize money. The decision of the jury, which will be comprised of high profile figures from the world of architecture and design, will be announced after the contest deadline in June 2016.
Social Media Hashtag: #CosentinoDC10
The presentation of prizes for the winners of the previous edition took place today in the Madrid College of Interior Designers (Colegio Oficial de Decoradores y Diseñadores de Interior de Madrid). Santiago Alfonso: Director of Communication and Marketing for the Cosentino Group, Adelina Salinas: Architect and competition Coordinator and Ricardo Santonja: (I+D+art), Professor at Zaragoza University (UNIZAR), were responsible for this presentation to students, professors and the media.
List of collaborating universities, schools and institutions:
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Barcelona (Spain)
- Escuela de arte número diez de Madrid (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Universidad de Navarra (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Sevilla (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte de Almería (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte Superior de Diseño de Alicante (Spain)
- CEU – Universidad San Pablo de Madrid (Spain)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos de Madrid (Spain)
- Escuela de Arte de Zaragoza (Spain)
- EAAI Diseño & Arte, Granada (Spain)
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Zaragoza (Spain)
- Istituto Europeo di Design Milano (Italy)
- Hochschule für Technik, Wirtschaft und Kultur Leipzig (Germany)
- École Supérieure des Arts Modernes, Paris (France)
- American Society of Interior Designers (United States)
- University of Technology Sydney (Australia)
- Lasalle College of the Arts (Singapore)
- Universidad Tecnica Lisboa (Portugal)
- Lulea Tekniska Universität (Sweden)
- Universidad Marista, Mérida (Mexico)